Unfortunately I have not been able to complete the top, let alone my version of this amazing quilt, as our planned timeline has laid out. I am so sorry for letting the ladies all down, and I am truly sorry that this will be a contributing factor if Chooky decides not to begin another Sew-A-Long - I have enjoyed seeing the progress of each participant in this SAL, and will miss watching them grow if this is the case. I DO however pledge that I will continue with this quilt - and my goal, however extreme, is to have it done by the end of November. I am determined to commit to working on this for at least a couple of hours each evening, in order to achieve this goal.
So, I believe that an update on where I'm at is in order.
I spent an evening printing out copies of all of the remaining pages in triplicate, saving one as a frame-of-reference for the stitchery elements (as I have no lightbox as yet, I am relying on sunlight, windows & masking tape to line up everything 'just so') ...
the other copies were used to cut up the different appliqué elements, and then laminated.
I have left them uncut at the moment, ready to separate as needed. I then keep all the pieces for each block separated in their own ziplock baggies.
I have only been able to complete three new blocks since I last updated.
I am using the needle-turn appliqué method ... which has contributed to making this process long.
My daisy [Jan] ...
My chocolates - yum [Jan]!
I chose to use a silver sparkly metallic thread for the stitching on four of these chocs, just to make them look even more extra yummy!!!
My ice-cream [Feb].
My hot chocolate block is prepped and ready for it's needle turn and stitchery - tonight's task!!
And all my finished blocks together ... I still have one block left of December (since I decided to change the cupcakes to pavlova ... I have finally found a pic for this, and will also be prepping this tonight, along with all the July & Aug blocks).
I even have my pellon all cut and ready to size for all my remaining 17 blocks. And some squares for the strips - though only creams have been cut as yet. Although I did start with one range of fabrics, I have started adding others ... and with my perfectionist streak on overdrive, I
want need to make sure I include some of each fabric in the coloured blocks. As a result, I am leaving this until after I have finished the blocks - or at least until I have finished the first two rows.
So, that's where I'm at. I am so upset with myself to have fallen so far behind - but yes, I will get there!! My next uni course begins in December, and I have decided that I want this quilt finished before I start my studies!!