Sunday 9 June 2013

Friday (& Saturday) Night Sewing

Phew!  Well, the unit I was stressing over is finally done and dusted ... and I've passed.  Not with flying colours ... barely scraped by in comparison to some of my other units ... but I successfully passed and that's what matters!!  I'll post some photos of the things I was doing later in the week ... well, if I remember, lol!
{Source}
Now it's on to the next one ... LOL!  Week Three begins on Monday :)
{Source}
But anyhoo, I am not here to discuss my studies right now, I am here to say ... I have finished making all of my overdue swap blocks from ... *cringe* ... last year ...
{Source}
Yes, I know.  Bad swapper ... I am trying to change that.

First step - complete all swap blocks from swaps last year.  And because I am so late, I ended up making two blocks for each partner instead of just the required one.

Last weekend I finished two stars in pastel florals for Chantelle S (top), and two blocks in orange & neutrals for Mary C (bottom).  These blocks all went in the mailbox last Tuesday.
Clockwise from top left: Another Nine Patch Star, Solomon's Star,
Starflower Block, and the inner 12" of Chainlinks
Last night, I got the cleaning done early, got chilli cooking in the slowcooker ...
Slow Cooker Chilli with Parmesan Encrusted Potatoes
set Miss L up with some sewing of her own (with which she did extreeeemely well - Mummy was super proud!!) ...

and then got started on the remaining overdue blocks.  Between Friday night and last night (Sat), I have finished the last four - purple stars for Deb A. and red 'Anvil' blocks on cream backgrounds for Encara V.
Clockwise from top left: Double Star Chain, Plaid Star, and two Anvil's. 
It feels SOOOOO good to get these all finished, and either sent or ready to be sent!  I now have only 3 remaining swaps to complete, two of which are current, and the other I am waiting to find out who I am to be swapping with.  I want to keep sewing right now, I almost don't want to go to bed!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good girl getting all of our swaps completed, that s probably a big weight if our shoulders. Xx

Anonymous said...

congrats on passing Larissa.xx

Be Thou Exalted said...

Great job on passing the course and for getting the blocks done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...