Tuesday 10 May 2011

Fun, Fun, Fun....!!

Yay!  I can finally post again!!!  (I've been having a few problems composing and then posting this last week, which is why I haven't written anything since last tuesday.)


Well, this last week has been wonderful for me!  Can you guess I'm a happy, happy girl? LOL
Why's that? you ask...  Well.... I got my car back!!!!  I have been car-less for 10 weeks - yes, TEN LOOOOG weeks!  Yes, it was my fault - I was the idiot who shouldn't have been driving as my mind was not really there, worrying about my little one on her first day at childcare, but I was on the road and I was the one who ran into the woman in front.  So, then it was my fault, and mine alone.  And yet, however hard it has been, I know God has used this time to teach me that I don't always have to do this by myself - I don't always have to be independent, I can lean on others' shoulders, especially His, when times get tough. That I can count on Him when I feel I'm not coping, lean on his strength and his patience when I need to.I need to learn that.  I needed to remember that.

So, yes, I am with car now - Whoopee!!

Lol, but that isn't all!  I got F.A.B.R.I.C!!!  [Okay, a little insane too!]

A few weeks ago I ordered some fabric from Patchwork Plus and by Friday it had finally arrived - Yippee!!!  

So, what did I get?  Well, I am loving florals, for some reason, these days, so in this package arrived: Dilly Dally by Me & My Sister Designs for Moda (charm pack), Fresh Flowers by Deb Strain for Moda (cp), Dragonfly Summer by Holly Taylor for Moda (cp), some Bella Solids in white by Moda (cp), and a jelly roll of Bliss by Bonnie and Camille for Moda.



So, okay, I know it's only fabric - but this is the first charm packs and jelly roll I have purchased - ever!  I normally get normal dressmakers fabric, fabric cut to size, or fat quarters.  This is big [yes, that insanity is really showing now!]

I am planning to use the jelly roll for the Vignette Hexagon Quilt by Leanne Beasley - a favourite designer of mine.  I am also keen to join in on her BOM Mystery Quilt which is looking gorgeous, but I need to find the money for the fabrics yet, so that will be a future thing probably!  I'm not sure yet what I am going to use the charm packs for, but more likely experimenting.

But then, there's more, lol!


I received my 'Pay it Forward' gift from Jan-Maree of Cherry Red Quilter.  As she quoted of Kim who sent her a gift 
"Some in the blogging world are starting to pay it forward thru their blogs.  The theory is if you do something good for three people, and those people each do something for three more people, and this keeps on going, hundreds and hundreds will be touched.
Fellow bloggers I encourage you to join me and continue this thru your blog."
I LOVE Jan-Maree's work, eagerly wondering what delightful creation she has to show her followers next, so of course I got rather excited when I realised I would be the first to comment.  I've loved the idea of Pay It Forward since seeing the film all those years ago, and seeing it 'play out' in 'blogland' is crazy fantastic in my book!  This week my little gift from Jan-Maree arrived and I love it!  It is a pink and purple shoulder bag that is just the right size to put all that paraphernalia I inevitably find I need to carry with me for a day out with my daughter!  She also included four very cute buttons to use for something for little L, and some (yes, already eaten) Ferrero Rocher chocolates (Yum!!).  And that card & envelope set is just delightful - just like a pieced quilt!!! *heart*



  And in Jan-Maree's words:


Now it is my turn to Pay it Forward - the first three little birdies who leave me a comment below will receive a small handmade gift from me.
Please make sure I can contact you through your blog or via email to get mailing/contact information and PLEASE tell me your favourite colour(s)!!
Even if you don't continue to do pass on the Pay it Forward on your blog (and maybe you don't have one and that is okay!) I hope I at least brighten your day with my gift and you in turn pass on at least a cheery smile or a kind deed to someone in your world!
While I realise I only have nine followers, I would really love to brighten your day in a small way if you are wanting a fun little gift - for no reason, but for just being you!  If I receive no comments - or not all three, I will then pass it on to someone in 'my world' who won't be expecting it.


So that's it then.  My exciting week.  A fixed car, a package of fabrics I purchased and a gorgeous, secret gift from Jan-Maree.  Fantastic!  Hoping for more goodness this week, lol.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...