Monday 1 October 2012

L & A Update [wk4] & This Week's Goals

Living & Active

Source
Despite some personal struggles, whilst trying to give emotional support to my best friend, I am really appreciative that God placed this challenge in my path at this time.  I have now successfully completed the third week of this challenge, including my third week of doing four or more days of exercise - and although I am still struggling to go to bed at a decent hour, I am feeling more alert and aware, I am walking taller, standing straighter, and enjoying catching up daily with one of my closest girlfriends.

Week Three's results :

Exercise - Although I only worked out four days this week, I actually did five workouts ... three of which were in the space of a 25hr period (not recommended!!!).  Monday we didn't work out as the afternoon workout was shifted to the evening due to one of the ladies' (G1) prior commitments clashing with our usual time, and then the later workout was cancelled due to the other ladies' (G2) husband coming home after going out fishing and needing to go to the ER ... turned out he had an "acutely sprained ankle" - not good!!  Tuesday we worked out all together, going up to level two of Jillian's 30 Day Shred as we'd already completed two weeks' of level one.  Wednesday, G2's husband called up just as we were to start asking to be picked up from work, so I did a workout @ Level 1 with G1 (her knee was sore and she couldn't face Level 2) ... later getting G2 to come over to my place later that evening to do our Level 2 workout (so she didn't pike out for a second day in the week...).  Thursday morning G1 requested a few weeks break from the workouts as her knee was not only sore but had swollen up (not good!!), so Thursday and Friday lunchtimes (well, 1:30pm) I did Level 2 with G2 ... So five workouts over four days.


Memory Verse - Not so quickly memorised this week ... but done.  Good one to remember really!!

"For everything in the world - the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does - comes not from the Father but from the world."           ~1 John 2:16
Diet & Weight Loss Goals - Roughly a kilo lost this week, but still up at 83kgs so I didn't hit my target of 82.  I made really healthy meals this week for dinner, though my daytime diet still wasn't crash hot ... I only consumed one block of Cadbury's caramello chocolate this week though!!! 

Week Four's plans :

Exercise - I plan to work out five days this week, but in the morning this week as the children are on their school holidays for the next two weeks, so they'll come around here while G2 (their mum ... she has six, ranging from 2yrs to 13yrs) and I work out.  The 13yr old will be in charge, though we will probably send them out the back ... BIG property here, so as long as they stay in the grassed area (just outside the windows of where we will be working out) they'll be alright - no where near the road! ... I am also considering throwing in some extra cardio workouts, maybe in the evenings - whether these be workout dvds (I have quite the range, lol) or just a fast walk on the treadmill while I watch a movie, will be decided on the day, though I am thinking either 2 or 3 days of this to start.

Memory Verse -  

"Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life" ~ Proverbs 4:23
Diet & Weight Loss Goals - My parents have gone on a four week holiday to spend time with Mum's parents, and a bit of a break from their jobs, so I won't have the temptations of chips, chocolate & cookies surrounding me all hours like I normally do (Mum is the teacher who stress about her students - trannies - and gets to work at 7:30am, not leaving until about 6:30pm ... and then often bringing extra marking etc home with them!; Dad runs a non-profit Vocational Educational and Training business through the same school, which gives the students real-life knowledge and skills in the wall-frame fabrication, welding and more skill areas, and turns over quite a few million dollars of business each year ... he is also co-ordinating training courses & projects in several remote communities throughout the Territory).  I am hoping to eat "clean"-er meals, reduce my carb & sugar intake, and to hopefully get down to approx 81kgs (about 2kg weight loss since Monday).  I will also endeavour to drink more water and less Pepsi Max (which yes, has no calories, but loads of chemicals & preservatives ... I am currently consuming at least 2L a day).

This week's Goals

I didn't do as well as I'd hoped in achieving my goals this past week, but I did achieve more than I have in weeks past, so *yay*!  Just crossing off one or two things is actually a pretty big thing for me, so I am happy with my results ... and even more determined to cross more off next week!  So I will be am linking up with Crystal's weekly goal setting post again.

Source

Last week's goals ...


Health

1. Work out 5 days this week, doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred, Level 2.  {While I did do 5 workouts this week, they were over 4 days, and one of the workouts was a repeat of Level 1.}

2. Cook dinner 5 nights, 3 from scratch  Family Meat Pie w/ veges; Pumpkin & Red Lentil soup w/ Cheesy Curry Scones; Massaman Chicken Curry w/ rice; Pork Loin Chops w/ veges; Chicken & Vegetable Pasta Bake; Beef Stir-fry.

Spiritual

3. Spend time in God's Word every day.  Unfortunately not everyday, but most days - yes.

4. Memorise memory verse (above); Keep working on remembering the memory verses from earlier weeks.

Personal

5. Write and post three blog posts.  Yes, though I doubled up on two posts ... same post, just on two different blogs :)

6. Paint my toe nails and have a de-toxing bath.  I kept putting off the painting of the toes ... too paranoid that the polish would get smudged or knocked, lol!

7. Finish 3 blocks for the "Some Kind of Wonderful" SAL quilt, have 4 more at least ready for needle turn appliqué to begin.  NO.  I finished one, and completed the needle turn appliqué on one more.

8. Finish and send "Welcome" mini and 3 QBSA blocks to appropriate partners [all late].  Unfortunately I didn't make the time for these either ... though I have been working furiously the last couple of days to get the mini done - I am pushing myself to get this in the post by Wednesday at the latest.

Homemaking

9. Declutter and clean desks in lounge room (my 'office' space *technically*). 

10. Finish going through drawers containing cross-stitch magazines & DD's birth/day cards - put cards into scrapbook.  Nope - not even touched.

This week's goals ...




Health

1. Work out 5 days this week, doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred, Level 2.

2. Cook dinner 4 nights ... most meals should cover two evenings as we will only have two adults & one child eating here this week.

Spiritual

3. Spend time in God's Word every day.

4. Memorise memory verse (above); Keep working on remembering the memory verses from earlier weeks.

Personal

5. Write and post three blog posts.

6. Paint my toe nails, and follow my skincare regime everyday (I've been getting slack!).

7. Finish 8 blocks for the "Some Kind of Wonderful" SAL quilt, have 4 more at least ready for needle turn appliqué to begin.

8. Finish and send "Welcome" mini and 3 QBSA blocks to appropriate partners [all late].

Homemaking

9. Stay on top of the laundry, 'weekly' house cleaning & daily garden watering.

10. Finish going through drawers containing cross-stitch magazines & DD's birth/day cards - put cards into scrapbook.


Mothering / Child

11. Take DD to a movie this week ... her first EVER!!!

12.  Get DD in bed by 7:30pm most nights, 8pm at the latest (except Monday night as she will be accompanying me to my Bible Study as my usual babysitters are on holidays).



That's enough to keep me occupied this week.

What are your plans for this week? ... Here's hoping we both have a great week!!!

2 comments:

Be Thou Exalted said...

Great job last week! I'm seeing a difference in my strength and endurance as well.

Praying for you this week!

Deena said...

Dear Larissa, I will be praying for you in your challenge to be all God wants you to be from the other side of the world. I am in Northern (near Redding) California.
I too am on the Living and Active Challenge. My children are 21,19,17(soon to be 18) and 16. My biggest struggle is a am in desperate need of a job, but after being a full time student and full time Mommie for the past 3 years, I am having a hard time getting up and running some days.
Shalom, Deena

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...