Monday 15 October 2012

Living & Active Challenge Wrap-up


Source
I am both glad and frustrated that this challenge has come to an end now.  It has been the only challenge I have successfully stuck-out in the last year and I am hoping that this is the turning point that I have needed for a long while!  I have worked out at least 4, if not 5, days each week over the last 5 weeks.  I have gotten stronger, lost inches around those 2 inches below my bustline - and probably other areas, but not as significantly - and I am *finally* starting to lose some of my weight.

Week Five's results :

Exercise - This week we started doing level three of Jillian's 30 Day Shred.  Oh boy - am I *dying* or what?!!  On Thursday I was even a little sick when doing the super mans!!! 

We worked out on Monday (level 2 ... wanted to get in the full "10 days").  

Tuesday I ended up going around to my workout partner's place to help her scrub her repurposed kitchen ready for the builders to see to determine measurements/fitting for their new house.  I was there two hours, in a squat/standing-bent-over-with-my-bottom-in-the-air-so-as-not-to-touch-the-filthy-verandah :) position the entire time, scrubbing these filthy drawers & cupboard doors (they weren't cleaned by the previous owners, and then stored in a storage unit for 11 months... we had to use jif!!), and refilling the bucket with fresh water as needed ... it may not have been a Jillian workout, but I sure was sore, stiff and tired by the time I had to head home!!!

Wednesday through Friday we *killed* ourselves doing level three.  Not fun - though there are a few exercises that I will be getting heavier (I'm thinking 2.5-3kg) hand weights for when I get paid later in the week.  By the end of this particular workout though, my thighs & calves, shoulder muscles and abs are all SCREAMING!!  

We are going to continue through this particular workout this week, possibly adding either a cardio or abs based workout (also by Jillian) to the mix by the end of the week.  Next week we  plan to continue doing two workouts (with a drink break in-between) and then follow this up with a week of rest ... Give our bodies time to rest, recuperate and repair before throwing ourselves into the Jillian's Extreme Shed and Shred dvd.  FUN!!  I am hoping to have gotten down to the low 70s, if not into the 60s by Christmas (huge feat, considering I am still currently around the 83kg mark, lol!)


Memory Verse -  A big and important one ...
"May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through.  May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ"                   ~ 1 Thessalonians 5:23
I have really enjoyed adding this verse to my repertoire of known verses to call upon in times of need!  I can still remember the earlier verses in this challenge too, which is great!  I will certainly be challenging myself to incorporate this 'scriptural verse' memorisation to my daily and weekly plans!  It is *so* important to have Our Lord's words available to us to call upon in times of desperation and temptation - both of which, along with depression, I struggle with on a daily, if not hourly, basis!!

Diet & Weight Loss Goals - I decided to forgoe the grand plans, and just aim for working on my water intake to begin with ... Over the next few week I'll *up* my vegetable soup and protein intake (rather than carbs & stuff I really shouldn't be consuming if I'm wanting to lose weight!!).  So my goal this week was to drink at least 4 cups of water each day ... bearing in mind that the cups I usually drink out of hold approx. 450mls of water - so 4 cups brings me close to 2L.  I was able to achieve this ... and this is another thing I am hoping to continue to work on.  

Thankyou so much to Clare for hosting this challenge ... and to those who've been either participating, or following along with my progress.  It truly has helped me stick with it!!

** I have a HUGE list of sewing projects to complete (and some of, send) over the next couple of weeks that are left this month.  I wonder how it is possible that it is October already - and even then, how it has become the 15th so darn quickly!!!  I pray that I will be able to be diligent with my time, and persevere through the to do list to the best of my (with God's strength) abilities.

2 comments:

Susan said...

You are doing really well Larissa!! Don't forget that muscle weighs more, so even though the scales don't show a weight loss the looser clothes show you are achieving something! Keep going!!!!

Clare said...

Hey Larissa! Thanks for joining us these 5 weeks. You have done GREAT and I've enjoyed your weekly updates. Please be sure to hang around as I'm sure there will be more challenges in the future!! :)
Stay strong!
Clare
www.peak313.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...